About Me

My photo
Unity Center of Davis is an inclusive spiritual community that honors the many paths to God and helps people of all faiths apply positive spiritual principles in their daily lives.

Friday, September 10, 2010

R&R

As I write this Denese and I are in beautiful Raleigh-Durham area of North Carolina.  Denese is here to observe and support Rev. Cher Holton, her mentee in the Unity Minister Field Licensing Program. Rev. Cher and Bill were at UCOD this last June. 
I'm here to reconnect with a good friend who was my classmate during ministerial school and is now the senior minister of Unity Church of the Triangle in Raleigh.
This is a time of renewal and rest for me, and to get another glimpse of  a successful Unity ministry as a congregant/observer.  In my commitment to stay away from work and deadlines, I have not written an inspirational article this week.  However if you are in need of some inspiration you can find over 60 articles in our archive of past articles at our blog at http://ucoddiscuss.blogspot.com.  You'll find articles on a variety of spiritual topics--except perhaps rest and renewal.  I have not written much about R&R as a spiritual practice. I must live it first, then I can write that one.

No comments: