About Me

My photo
Unity Center of Davis is an inclusive spiritual community that honors the many paths to God and helps people of all faiths apply positive spiritual principles in their daily lives.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Open out a way

This morning as I was remembering that I have been given a significant hiatus from my Sunday speaking duties I felt something unfamiliar and wonderful.  I recognized the care and love that was behind the decision to support my request for this time away. I actually did what I normally don't do, and that is I opened my heart to feel the love of the gift and then let it flow from me to our trustees and all those who have extended their support.  Up until this moment, I had been aware of the privilege and grateful for it but I hadn't let it in to feel the care, feel the compassion and feel the love. As I've shared before it's been a challenge for me to open my heart and let the love in. Of course if I can't let it in then I can't let it out either. There is a singular ventricle to the sharing and receiving of love. A blockage in one direction restricts the other. 
This insight recalls Robert Browning's observation "to know rather consists in opening out a way...than in effecting entry for a light supposed to be without."

- L

No comments: