About Me

My photo
Unity Center of Davis is an inclusive spiritual community that honors the many paths to God and helps people of all faiths apply positive spiritual principles in their daily lives.

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Serenity - Rarely on the surface

This morning I was greeted by the perfectly still glass reflector of Serenity Lake.  I captured it with this photo as a reminder of that which is so very rare in our human experience - finding serenity on the surface of things. We kid ourselves with a frustrating hope that we can get things arranged in such a perfect way that all disturbances would be gone from our sight and then we would find peace and well being. But the winds of change are constant in this world and there will be no happy ending if we expect the surface of things to settle into perfection.  Stillness is beneath the surface. Peace is in the depth, 
where the winds of change cannot disturb the equanimity, changeless nature within us.  I come to this place to find this place within me, and bring back the photo as precious memory of my time here and as a symbol of the timeless truth in my deeper self.

No comments: